Friday, February 19, 2010

Layout Change and Updates

For years, I've been wanting to create a customized layout. If you ask me, it's about being creative and bringing a personal accomplishment. I've used ready-made layouts before, and never have they felt meaningful.

At least ready-made layouts offfer references. An amateur must know which layout ideas are inspiring, and of course, peek into HTML, CSS, Javascript, etc. codes to see what goes.

So what will be the layout? I'm considering a white background, black text, and something else (I don't know the appropriate web design terms and phrases). The text-related layouts will definitely be widened, since I can't stand Blogger's default medium-large text and narrow writing space. Artwork: of course, but what should it be? A bird? I'm leaning towards bird, because birds remind me of dreams and freedom.

If anyone wants examples of my favorite layout feautres, I will link them on another post. :)

About updates, yes, there are updates. I'm finally meeting up with other unschoolers at Not Back To School Camp. I registered for session three in Vermont's Farm and Wilderness Camp, which is closer to Florida than Oregon. Let's hope the New York headquarters gets my registration form. Seriously, how long does "snail mail" take? And why didn't I mail it through the post office and not through a neighborhood mailbox? It's Friday, and the website still hasn't processed my registration.

By the way, I started this post last Sunday. Thank godness it's finishing today! I was smart for finding an Blogger app for iPhones/iPod Touches.

2 comments:

Idzie Desmarais said...

Don't worry, it always takes forever for the NBTSC office to process registrations!! I think they're dealing with a LOT of them this time of year... *Grins*

And it's really cool you're doing your own layout!

Margy said...

Not only am I happy to see this, I'm green with envy! Wordpress accounts do not allow you to customize your layout unless you u[grade to a paid account.

I'd love to see some of your layouts, si vous plait!