
Situations go here and there with interesting things. Like my new interest in Powerpuff Girls Z. I first saw parts of the pilot in late 2006, finding it boring. I gave it a few tries in 2008 and now. It's sometimes boring though more enjoyable. I can't get over the cuteness.
So far, I've seen nine or ten episodes, with still more to watch. I saved all the English subtitled episodes I managed to find on my new USB cable.
It's an anime based on the original but with major differences. Some being bubblier animation, the (older) girls not being sisters, and Mojo's stupidity! (I'd prefer the old Mojo Jojo mojo. D:) Some characters' names are Japanese, with the original Powerpuff names being their superhero/supervillain identities. Blossom is now Momoko Akadutsumi, Bubbles is Miyako Gotokuji and Buttercup is Kaoru Matsubara. Princess Morbucks is Himeko Shirogane, though Mojo Jojo and Fuzzy Lumpkins remain similar.
Don't get me started on the transformations. Wow! It sure takes time and effort to make cliché anime poses. XDD
Lots of people think the show is dumb. For me, the fun is what matters. A breath of bouncy, colour-coded hyperactivity. I know it's not as witty as the American version. Not that risqué either. I don't find the villains as evil.
The girls are cute, especially Miyako (Rolling Bubbles). She looks adorable with the croissant-like hairstyle! Haha I just found out through Wikipedia that she used curlers for them.

After most people my age "grew out of" anime, I still dab with it.
No comments:
Post a Comment