Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Wow!
IZ: In the mirror by ~humon on deviantART
When saved, it goes under "What do you see in the mirror".
I remember seeing this beautiful Invader Zim fan art in 2003 or 2004 and not understanding its meaning. I would just go and read others' comments. Thank god my conscious forgot what they posted.
But now, I get it. I get it! I really get it! I say I get it from the bottom of my heart!
Reflecting and enjoying life with my post-school re-indulgence with Zim helped. For those who have not seen the show, the boy in the long black coat is Dib. The man in the mirror is his dad Professor Membrane, a passionate scientist. A main conflict between them is Dib's refusal to be like his father and study science, though he dabbed with "real science" in an unmade episode. He'd rather spend his time pursuing his dream of being a paranormal investigator and "saving the world" by going after Irken Invader Zim. Insane relationship, isn't it?
Enjoy, and take whatever you can out of this picture. I don't know if my small "exposition" was helpful, so I put a Wikipedia link, thinking it might explain the show's basics. This too might help.
I had this drafted since 23 September, during my long-ago first weeks on Blogger. Heheh...long ago my foot! Hey, you can't say time doesn't fly.
EDIT: The picture covered some parts of the blog. Eek! So with my suuuper amateur HTML skills, I Shrinky Dink'ed it.
Labels:
deviantART,
exposition,
fanart,
interpretation,
invader zim
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment