Let's lighten things up (no pun intended at the moment this was written--seriously! :D ). I swear, sometimes, I seem like a small child. Being 18, I lack money, cannot cook well, grow food, or build objects. And it wasn't until today that I lighted a candle. My grandmother had me light six candles with a lighter. At least I've practised and been taught about igniting lighters, and boy are they hard! Those "child-proof" things are too strong for my weak arms. It took one or two tries to properly aim the lighter. Not bad for my first time! How awesome is it to light six candles for the first time? Pride is taken for learning something new, learning to live a little more. I felt like a younger self.
And yesterday was about accompanying my cousin to the dentist. She missed school for the appointment. I stayed in the waiting room reading Teen Lib Handbook while she text messaged about anaesthetics and me going to her place to make brownies. Brownies? Of course I'm coming over! We went to her empty place to vacuum. Her sister was at school and her mother (my aunt) was working. Then went the brownies. Well, she did most of it, but packaged food is simple anyway. Then we made my linguine. At least I can cook that, even if she turned the heat.
By the way, I'm turning nineteen at the end of this month (the 30th). Celebration!
No comments:
Post a Comment