Thursday, October 15, 2009

Ridiculous, right?

I thought of this yesterday but didn't feel like writing. I had a concert to go to.

No one follows my blog, and I hardly receive comments.  I want to share my words and have others mention what they thought. I want to be known and have friends liking me.

Then another thing came. "Am I doing this for me or for others"? What's the point of blogging (of any fun, actually) if I want more acclaim that anything? This should be for pleasure, to pour my soul out. If nobody reads it, fine. To have something to look back to is enough. You have solid memories.

Doing this blog is like leaving a mark on the ground. You leave yourself out in the open. Who knows? Maybe someone will get something out of this, though they won't mention it.

Don't forget to realize how hard it is to not only get comments but to also follow blogs. I've followed 5-6 blogs and have gotten overwhelmed, thinking, "What comment should I send him/her"? Imagine how it is for someone reading twenty-five or fifty blogs. I'm also new to this site. I bet some of you want to know me first. It's not MySpace or Facebook: "You add me, I add you." Everyone knows that's fake; they never comment afterward.

So I apologize, though at least I was sincere. It's good news that I feel less upset than I would have been four or five years ago. Gaining self-confidence rubs on you.

No comments: